Sunday, August 19, 2007

cred... hard

Last entry when I said I was buying Firefly the next day... I was serious. I bought it the next day. I don't mess around. I've decided that if there's one thing I'm sort of good at, it's being a geek. I think I've got the cred. You may have noticed that I've established a few more self-links to back myself up.

I've already mentioned "the jon madsen movie commentary podcast." I won't rehash old news, but soon I will be uploading possibly our best work yet -- our commentary on the movie Footloose that was recorded with three Merrill sisters, two roommates and two neighbors.

"blogging forgotten realms" is a new experiment that pushes the boundaries of geekitude. I got the idea from a couple of other longstanding side links of mine -- "Blogging Ultima," and to a lesser extent, "Blogging the Bible ." With this new blog, I'll be playing through the entire SSI Goldbox series of RPG computer games which include (but isn't limited to) Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds. I've already established some new geek contact with this one.

"a game a week" is, for now a transcript of a small segment I do for Scott Johnson's "Final Score" podcast. Perhaps in the future I'll make it into it's own little podcast. It's a couple of minutes talking about an old retro video game that I try out that week. Scott is famous for his "Extra Life Radio" podcast and webcomic "My Extra Life."

BTW, Firefly is even better than I remember. Totally come and watch it with me! Even Rhett says it's good.

Unfortunately, I must mention real quick that I've also been accumulating even more white trash cred recently. Last weekend the lawn mower ran out of gas after my mowing only 40% of the job finished. I got out the edger and finished the lawn with that. That little move alongside bathing in my backyard with the hose, seriously up my WTC. It's a good way to balance my geek cred maybe.

And oh yeah, here's one more Simpsons avatar friend poster. See if you can spot Cinnamon.

1 comment:

Maker said...

RExbAsiOr,

jlkyrko!!!

J.R.face now has a blog. Can't remember the web address. I think it's RoyFillmore.blobspot.com or something. The world must be ending soon. I wonder if there will be blogs in the afterlife?

On a side note, I googled "Jon Madsen" Utah. Just to check on your status of fame. I must say that you are progressing nicely! Many hits.


There is a movie that looks interesting/entertaining.

Let's go see it...if you haven't.

King of Kong

- pOOmaker