Saturday, February 14, 2009

v.d. '09

In honor of the V.D. this year I've painted my phone. This is a pretty big deal since a few years ago I decided I'd repaint my phone every month to correspond with some event from that month. So I started with black and orange for Halloween of '05 and my phone stayed that way until a few days ago.


We went to see Push last week. It's hardly a V.D. movie and actually not too good for a Sundance picture. Maybe it just went over my head. I had heard that it was about an overweight black girl in New York who was trying to get out of an incestuous relationship. I wasn't even aware of which actor was playing that part. Perhaps Dakota Fanning's power of seeing into the future (but not very well) was a metaphor for striving to escape from a bad home life.

Anyhow, a girl at the movie had some conversation hearts that she graciously let me have -- probably because nobody likes conversation hearts. I do if they're SweetTart ones. She was like, yeah, they totally are! So I ate a bunch and they were chalky, just like they traditionally are. The package actually says they're Sweetheart hearts. They really shouldn't have basically the same name on these. Then someone else donated another box to the heart bowl. How do people have all these boxes that they don't want?


I managed to decorate the place for the first time in a good while. Black hearts is pretty standard, but black hearts with horns? That's probably the icon I'm most proud of coming up with.


In case you couldn't tell, I painted my phone with nail polish. Since I borrowed the pink stuff and figured if this stuff works on phones, it might just work on toes! I made use of the situation. The toes of my right foot were acting all weird and sedimentary, so I threw a coat on there. My middle nail was recently ripped off, so I didn't touch that one. My pinky toe and the one next to it grow funny for the same reason. My toenails have been getting destroyed slowly and perfectly from right to left over the past few years. My theory is that by the time my pinky toe on my left foot gets ripped off, my life will end. There are only three down, so I should have a long life ahead of me.


I meant to make another VDCD, but it escaped me. I even took notes on what songs I should put in, besides being intercut with How I Met Your Mother quotes. All I could think of so far though was "You're My Best Friend" by Queen and "Father Figure" by George Michael. In the meantime, check out J.R.'s VDCD.

Every V.D. I look more and more like a hungover Eddie Munster.


Today's festivities may only consist of a date with Joe to see Confessions of a Shopaholic. Kind of reminds me of when I first moved to Salt Lake and saw 50 First Dates with Rhett for V.D. that year. I guess I'm not much of a monogamist.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Happy Valentines Day - enjoy your movie.

Kristi said...

The pink toenails picture disturbed me a little. Mostly because I don't think I've ever seen pink toenails and hairy toes. Nice. Happy Valentines!

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Haha! When I first saw VD in your title, my mind went to something gross...I was kinda excited cause I had never read a blog about the other VD. Anyway, glad to see my nail polish worked out on your phone...and toes :-)

Charlotta-love said...

Oh no...not you too! My mind works like Jaime's.

Every text or Facebook status I saw on Saturday wishing me a happy VD made me think...Happy Venereal Disease??? Why would someone say that to me!

Rhett said...

We saw 50 first dates in the theater? I must have blocked that out...

Anonymous said...

You phone....this was the orange one...right?