Monday, March 20, 2006

spring with lingering icing

It's the first day of Spring and I'm at the parents' place. I'm afraid to go back to Salt Lake just in case there's another snowstorm. It's the first day of Spring. Sheesh. The Vernal Equinox is a very positive day, since we know that there is a little more light with each passing day than darkness. Of course, I'll miss the darkness when sunbeams are relentlessly glaring up the screen during my early evening tv viewing.

Begun the spree war has.

On Saturday I spent half of my McDonald's gift card on a McGriddles meal. They forgot to put egg and cheese on the sandwich, but it was still mighty good.

On the same day, using my Virgin Megastore giftcard, I bought a real fun read called The Rough Guide to Sci-Fi Movies (that along with a new Blender magazine made me go 3 cents over my $20 card). Erin (she who gave me the giftcard) probably would have preferred I get music. With $75 still to spend at straight-up bookstores, that may have been a good idea, but this book's outstanding review of Star Trek II, Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back (as well as the omission of all other Star Trek and Star Wars films) made it an essential edition to my personal library. Most amazing of all I just discovered that the author, John Scalzi, is also a contributor to Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges into Hollywood. That particular book was just given to me for my birthday by Stephanie and Kristi. I'm very pleased that I've got friends so in sync with me, even if they're ultrabizarro. Just kidding girls. You keep me young.

I'm putting up this picture of Erica since it's the only picture I personally have of her with blonde hair. She just dyed it wicked dark again so this picture will be valuable soon. Haven't quite decided which hair color I like better, so I'll just say that I don't care about deciding anymore. No doubt she doesn't want to be displayed, but... well I don't really have a reason. I'm doing it anyway. It's not actually my photo as I don't really own a camera at this stage in my life. Laura took this at dinner a couple of weeks ago at the Avenues Bakery I believe. This photo comes pretty close to capturing the captivating real-world smile of Erica Q. Lee.

Cracked open Atlas Shrugged. Page count: 22/1168.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of Erica didn't actually show up, so here's one with her captivating smile and a little girl with a smile of her own that would make anyone smile.

You sound depressed in this post and Erica seems depressed too-- you two clearly are not doing a very good job of cheering each other up.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the picture works now! You and erica both look so cute! you should always do your hair like that..