Friday, January 23, 2009

jeopardy! update

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Also thanks for the advice about the buzzers. Bear in mind though that my life goal is to appear on Jeopardy! and not necessarily win (or even score in the positive). If I actually get on the show, I'll probably not even think about winning. Maybe I'll be the first person thrown off for trying to copy the girl next to me in Final Jeopardy.

What I really need is help on the online test. Who knows what sorts of things it will ask? I should bone up on some of my Latin. Crap! I forgot my college Latin book when I went back to the parents' house these past couple of days. Maybe I should learn stuff about mixed drinks. World capitals is probably a good idea too.

From now until Wednesday, when you see me or email me, be sure to provide me with something trivial (but useful). For example, tell me the capital city of wherever you went on your mission. Something like that.

Anyway, I did mildly well on last night's Jeopardy! I scored 15 answers in the first round and 12 in Double Jeopardy (that's a 45% score!). I also got Final Jeopardy correct. It was a pretty big deal because all three contestants got it wrong. The correct question was "Who is Lisa-Marie Presley?"

Oh! And also, lots of smart people read me. Maybe you should take the test as well. I may cry a little, but if one of you is able to leave me behind and advance in the tryout, I think that will (on the whole) be great!

Just go to jeopardy.com.

7 comments:

Maria said...

Trivia question one: What is in a sidecar(the drink)?

joN. said...

i'd have to guess gin and pine-sol.

um... i need an answer.

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johnny 5 said...

So Jon, strangely I signed up for the test as well. Do you know if this is the first time they have done it online? And wouldn't it be super cool if we were on the same show together? Maybe the planets will line up and we tie on the final jeopardy question. Well good luck and may the best man win!

newby said...

you can always bone up for free on those online jeopardy games

Maria said...

SORRY....should have stated:

A classic cocktail traditionally made with Cognac, orange liqueur and lemon juice.

newby said...

so, jon, how'd it go? edvalson said he wasn't too happy with his performance.