Wednesday, January 21, 2009

pray for me

I'm sorry haven't posted anything in a few weeks. Perhaps I have very little to say.

Now, though, I need to say something very serious and I need everyone reading to not only pray for me, but to do whatever is needed to see this thing through.

I just finished my registration for an online tryout of the gameshow Jeopardy!


Appearing on Jeopardy! has been on my life list for a very long long time now (and btw, I'm hoping to publish my life list soon). Odds are very against me. I think I peaked in my Jeopardy! prowess about eight years ago. Things may still go well at this time. I actually watched the game of my life a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully I get categorically lucky enough in the future applications.

The online test will be administered Wednesday, the 28th of January at 7:00 pm. Hopefully I will be intelligenter at that time than I am now. Besides praying for me to do well, if you happen to see me just sorta hangin' out doing nothing on that night REMIND ME THAT I HAVE A JEOPARDY! TEST TO TAKE!

Thanks.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Good luck on the test! If you do get on the show, just don't freak out over the injustice of the buzzer timing, ok?

p.s. thanks a lot for making my stomach drop to the floor over those first two sentences...ugh!

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Rad Jon!! I know you'll get on cause your gonna have a million friends praying for you & you seem to know a lot of odd facts. My brother-in-law and I want to go Amazing Race together...I've actually never seen an episode of it, but you get to travel and win money?! So that sounds good to me.

I can't wait to watch you on the show!!

Steph said...

Darn you, you're fired. When I saw "Pray for Me" pop up in my Google reader, I got all scared because I thought something serious and bad had happened.

dre said...

It's all buzzer. seriously, all buzzer. you should practice that more than anything else. And why should you listen to my adivice? Well I think we've all heard of my cousin, Mr. Jennings. Just promise you don't move away and be all rich with out us!

jamirodana said...

Ha! That is very cool Jon. Many of us have a dream to be on a gameshow.
Me? Maybe Deal or No Deal. That would be sweet.
Good luck!