Saturday, June 06, 2009

before i go...

I'm just about to leave on my family trip to Disneylalnd. Figured I'd better write something just in case my Matterhorn bobsled flies off the track or I go completely nuts while dealing with so much family at once. Btw, suggestions for a fun Disneyland experience? Please text me. I hear that Captain EO doesn't play there anymore. I'm not sure what else to even do there.



Speaking optimistically, I've hit it pretty lucky over the past week (with the exception of failing to successfully call-out a would-be employer about not paying me). For one thing, I actually managed a tax return. This was awfully nice of the U.S. government considering that back in April I actually came to the conclusion that I actually owed. I found it particularly weird (and enraging!) at the time since I didn't really earn anything last year. So not only did I get a check, but in a separate letter I got a statement saying there was a mistake in my tax return and the result was a refund (with the option to complain). I made fun of all those people who thought everything would automatically change for the better once Obama got into office. I guess the joke's on me!

In a related luck story I lost my wallet yesterday. On the bright side I figured it would solve all my financial problems. On the negative side -- well, the exact opposite. Fortunately I found it in the last place I looked which was on the passenger side of my car in the space between the seat and door. Why it was on that side, and why it didn't fall out when my passengers from Wednesday got out of the car, I'll never know. That reminds me, I could use a new wallet. The plastic picture holders in there are really wearing out.

Also I lucked out the other day while walking home from the mall with Cousin Jen. We went a little too northy in our initial approach, so the obvious solution was to cut through West High. Fun, but scary. I immediately went back to my high school self -- constantly worried about getting in trouble. I don't know what they'd even do to us. I suppose they could call the cops on us for trespassing, but like they'd bother, right? They'd probably just put us in high school jail for an hour or so. I was so hoping they'd ask what class we were supposed to be in. That'd be so sweet and would make me feel oh so good.

I've tried mentioning on Facebook, but I'll mention it here: I need blue nail polish. It's related to this year's 14th of July celebration -- which should be stupendous this year! We need a few more celebrations for that evening. Since the 14th of July is primarily dictated by the people, I'm open to suggestions. Since the day falls on Bastille Day we may have a Perrier drinking contest (but obviously we'll change the labels to read "Freedom Water").

I don't drink blood to survive, but my sleeping habits are now almost totally vampiric. It's gonna be a long summer.

5 comments:

Average Joe said...

14th of July is going to be epic!

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

I was gonna buy some blue nail polish (so that I can look more like a BYU fan and Scott will let me go to games with him), once I get it I'll lend it to ya paco!

Jess said...

Jon, I may have some blue nailpolish for you. I'll dig through the bucket and see. Are you looking for dark navyish blue or light blue?

Scott said...

The 3rd Annual July 14th celebration should have a 1st Annual Little Red Wagon Float Parade. I would be willing to be the first participant, and probably the only one, to build a themed float for the festivities!

BTW, the word that google gave me for word verification was "midstab," is that like stabbing someone half-way?

Annie said...

You know, Jon, that they sell bottles of nail polish, ensuring you get the color you want, AND you don't have to borrow it, it can be yours FOREVER! I have blue, but it's a baby blue that sparkles.

(oh, and my word is heryp. It find that a little disturbing.)