Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Groundhog Day Post #2

Okay, I finally remembered the third thing! Today the video game Star Trek Online is released. I can understand why I didn't remember since I have sort of a spit-personality when it comes to my online self. I guess that shows how screwed up I am. Most people have split personalities in real life. Anyway, I probably sub-consciously figured that such information would be more useful on the Star Trek blog and podcast.

Anyway, I probably won't get the game. At least for now. I've never played any of those role-playing games with all the other people online (read: World of Warcraft). I hear they're fun, but it's one more monthly fee I certainly can and need to live without. Perhaps later.

Anyway, the Oscars were announced.

It pretty much went how I thought. Morgan Freeman was foolish to think Invictus was one of the ten best movies of the year. Would've been nice if Star Trek made the list for best picture. Maybe they could've bumped The Blind Side, An Education, A Serious Man or even that other sci-fi movie District 9. Oh well though. Actually, I also was hoping to see (500) Days of Summer on the list too. Dang. Maybe it was only eligible for last year because it wasn't nominated for anything else.

Of course the movies of former married couple of Kathryn Bigelow and James Cameron (The Hurt Locker and Avatar) were each nominated for nine. Oooooh! I hope there are lots of snarky comments in whosever acceptance speech.

Anyway, now begins my push to see all the major Oscar movies before the ceremony. Still need to see The Blind Side, A Serious Man, Crazy Heart, The Last Station and foremost Up in the Air. Has anybody heard of the movie The Secret of Kells? It's nominated in the animated category. Hmm. I bet it's avant-garde and unique.

Punxutawny Phil said more winter. Okay, let's watch this. I don't think he'll be right. In fact, I think the rodent is just messing with us.

Lost hasn't happened yet.

2 comments:

MandiScandal said...

blindside=amazing. You will probably retract your statement once you see it.

Maker said...

Lets check out The Secret of Kells