Sunday, February 14, 2010

v.d. 2010


Oh crap is it Valentine's Day again already?

On Friday I attended Nick and Blair's wedding reception. Quite lovely. Quite! I made the mistake of chatting with friends for the first 45 minutes before finding the chicken sandwiches I heard were scrumptious. Catering took away the sandwiches by the time I got there. I was able to make the cake. It was very very good -- as was the candy bar. They had jelly bellies. I was really depending on those chicken sandwiches though. I hadn't had dinner.

All this weekend I've been packing in the candy. More than Halloween weekend. I love Valentine's candy, but it's made me weak and dizzy. I can't get enough of the sweetness, but the goodness that comes from the chicken sandwich would have been nice.

It's easy to want the sugar -- and it's easy to get. The nutrition is harder in both respects.

It's weird that Valentine's Day is back and I'm noticing all the sugar involved in the holiday. Is the sugar for all us people who don't have our chicken sandwich? Silly us. We should know that we don't deserve all that sugar -- and we ought to realize that we need to get there early for the chicken. Also, the chicken needs to be tended to. It's not just there for our wants -- only sugar does that (okay, the metaphor isn't making any sense anymore, I know).

Anyway, kudos to Nick and Blair for finding the chicken sandwich -- and so early in the weekend too!

Here is a video that better expresses everything I understand about love. It's a book trailer (yes, they make BOOK trailers now!) for some book called When the Bough Breaks (I think). It gets ESPECIALLY interesting at about 2:12.



Hmmm. That bad guy probably shouldn't have worn a hat with his name on it that day.

3 comments:

Craig Barlow B. said...

I just make sure not to eat any sugar or chicken.

Nasher said...

Best trailer ever!

Maker said...

Hahaha!
What the monkey is going on??

2:12!!


wv: tiostin