Thursday, October 11, 2007

obligatory pictures from hawaii

Why did the chicken cross the road? Because Hawaii!
Seriously, there were so many freaking chickens on Kauai. We heard a story that it came about because the island's biggest promoter of cockfighting crashed his chicken truck and all the birds escaped and overcame the island over time.
There's a lighthouse behind us that we were able to view the first day. It was past hours to actually go visit it when we took this photo, so we resolved to return the next day. We never got back.
A cute flower outside where we stayed on Kauai. Oh, and that's Kaila and Monica next to Maria.
Hawaiian fog








Driving videoHere's a taro paddock
This is like a sort of geyser that's pushed up the reef from the pressure of the waves

This boat was named after my mom

5 comments:

Maker said...

Nice Pics!

My favorite is the b&w fog, then the chickens.

Is this your first time to Hawaii?
What is the verdict? How do you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10?
I need to know this before I throw down the dinero for a Hawaii trip.

joN. said...

9.6666

Anonymous said...

Nice pics Jon. I'm jealous, but not for long. Next week I'm off to Cancun. That's too bad about your car stereo.

Anonymous said...

What no pics of you proposing? :-) Looks like you had fun! Oh, I have a ton on New Yorkers I need to give you. I'll try to bring them in this week.

J.R. said...

Oh Jake throw down! But don't waste your time on those other silly islands. Come straight to Oahu and we'll have a super duper time. Jon, good pics. I like the chickens.