Thursday, March 19, 2009

order much?


Thanks to my good friend Jake for getting me what I asked for. I think I like the cd even better than I thought I would. Wonderful stuff. Check out the current song of the moment and see if you feel the same way.

In the meantime, disorder persists -- or at least it's directed right at me.

My new Canon camcorder continues to thwart me. Canon continues to thwart me. Weeks ago I went through all the time and expense of shipping it off to Irvine, California to fix it and they sent it back with a note saying they fixed one of the problems I complained about (they didn't even mention the other one). Okay, now here's the best part: the problem they claimed to have fixed wasn't even fixed. On top of all that, I just realized that a girl left me for Irvine several years ago.

I attempted to talk out their customer service guy last week in hopes of simply getting a new camera for the inconvenience. He informed me that the warranty only covers items being fixed and not replaced. If the engineers determine that an item can't be fixed, then the warranty is void. In my lamest way possible, I explained my fear that Canon could simply void all warranties if they wanted to since they were the ones determining what could be fixed and what couldn't. Obviously, the guy didn't have a response worthy of easing my annoyance. He even said that the camera could be shipped several times before the engineers decided the unit needed replacing and replacement options for me wouldn't be available until then.

I tried to be a little bit mean, but when I hung up the phone I realized that I can't be that way, at least not effectively. I mean to say that I'm all super-nice and rainbows and sausages or whatever. In actuality, I'm actually quite a negative and essentially mean person. Thing is, when I get emotional, I get useless and embarrassing. Rather than being a focused laser of cruelty I become a big dumb bag of incomprehensibility.

So I sent the camera back today with a stern (but ultimately non-menacing) note. What will happen?

Also, I accidentally ordered something on-line last night. I was just shopping around for shiz, and I thought I'd see how much stuff was with all the "free gifts and offers." The order deviously went through before the price confirmation screen. The free gifts and offers ensured that the cost wasn't doubled, but actually quadrupled at least. Super-embarrassing and mega-lame of them to do this to me when I was already so annoyed with the world already. I got the confirmation email immediately, but the phone customer service told me I couldn't cancel the order until it went through the system. Once it was shipped, however, I'd be stuck (or at least stucker). Despite the obviousness of their being aware of the order already, I played by the rules and caught it in time.

Is it any wonder I hate leaving my house? They're all out to get me. Perhaps I should lose the internet, though.

7 comments:

Jess said...

"... super-nice and rainbows and sausages or whatever." I really like that line. With your permission I may just use it sometime.

So what was your accidental purchase?

Anonymous said...

I need to play the "clean" version of track 8 on that album for you sometime. It's frakking hilarious.

newby said...

must say i've been a closet lily fan ever since i heard "smile" on kohs way back when, before she got big

Maria said...

Lily is fun to listen to when she isn't being gross.

Scott said...

Well Jon, we have a Canon here at work that we use to film training videos for our website. We have had to send it back three times to get the same thing fixed. They actually did fix it every time but the same thing kept breaking. I have decided that Canon just sucks.

Maker said...

What was the accidental purchase?

I agree, "... super-nice and rainbows and sausages or whatever." Is easily the phrase of the week. Great stuff.


wv: recell

newby said...

true, maria. it seems that all these up-and-coming brit chicks are quite the potty-mouths. although, i'm sure it boosts their entertainment value above that of simply their artistic talent.