Saturday, July 16, 2011

14j2011 post-op


Well, the turnout for this year's July 14th party was quite disappointing. I'm guessing it was a weird time -- a busy weekday on the cusp of a busy weekend. I refuse to believe that everyone has lost believe in making the holiday truly happen.


I'm not complaining either. I was able to win the trophy for the first time this year. I got it by almost being the only one to do the slip n' slide and by buying the trophy and then not actually disqualifying myself from being in the running. I also drank a cup of diet tonic water (which gave me a seizure) and three cups of half and half (which made my boobs totally bigger).



We invented a new game this year. It involves fireworks. We had another game made up, but apparently California candles aren't much like Roman candles. Check out the game below:







The idea for the game I wanted to do would be sort of a Harry Potter homage (I guess that's a thing that came out this weekend) using Roman candles to "avada kedavra" the helium balloons as they float away. The name of the game would be "Gang of Terrorists Shooting Guns in the Air, But This Time They're Actually Aiming at Stuff."

3 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

While that game looks fantastic, I doubt I would play. If I were to ever go on a show that played to my top fears, it would simply be putting me in a room full of balloons. Ah, they freak me out. So...I enjoyed the game - from this side of the monitor. happy 14th of July!

dre said...

So sad I missed the firework game, but I should get July 14 points for taking the picture of the chips. And maybe the 1/2and1/2 with cups.

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

I think that next year will have a huge turnout with this firework game! It was SOOO much fun!! Yay 14th of July!