Wednesday, July 27, 2011

25 days left


I broke down and downloaded a trial version of Photoshop Elements. I have 25 days until I have to pay for it.

I've purchased it before, but for some reason my computer won't give me permission to install it from its original disc. The new version I've downloaded should be much better, but so far it's not nearly as intuitive (of course I've been using the older version for like a decade, so maybe what I consider "intuitive" is just years of practice).

Anyway, until now, I've been Photoshopless for like six months (perhaps you've noticed there haven't been as many obviously photoshopped pictures lately). In 25 days, this trial version of Photoshop will stop working unless I pay for it again. So for the next 25 days I'll have to get all the Photoshopping out of my system for the rest of my life I suppose (or until I give in and pay again). If you would like something Photoshopped by an enthusiastic amateur, lemme know.

Here's an oooooold photo I just touched up back from my days on the pro wrestling circuit:


Yeah, notice how I made my buddy's eyes like Terminator's? Awesome.

ALSO, most of you know that my old squeeze M**** is back in town. Apparently, she's going to become a lawyer and as part of this new spirit of professionalism her online presence needs to be nothing but that. Professional. Since so much of her former life involved me and so much of my online life strives to be the opposite of professional -- I need to scour her name from the internet wherever I can.

If you see the name M**** M****** anywhere on this blog, somewhere in my movie commentary podcast, my Star Trek podcast, my Forgotten Realms blog, my Jon Demand video blog, Robot Rex audio journal, Twitter, Facebook or anything else online that I have control of -- please let me know.

Remember, it's far easier to be a trusted and respectable member of society when your persona is hidden from society.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Ummmm.. You obviously misunderstood my request, because this makes me sound like a total jerk. You can have my name showing- just not my first and last together!

You rarely used my last name, so that is totally fine. You don't have to totally erase me unless you want to. That is a totally different thing....

joN. said...

i think i understood. i just can't pass up a chance to be snarky. i've taken your last name off in a couple of places. the asterisk thing is an example of what isn't allowed. i'm actually not finding the first and last name together in too many places.

MandiScandal said...

JON! I LOVE YOU. Hilarious. I laughed so hard when I read your snarky comment. But In M****'s defense.... I've asked people to do that for years. I have one friend, Brittany, who refuses to do it... but everyone else understands. Some of us don't want everything about our lives easily found on the internet.

joN. said...

please keep in mind that the idea isn't poking fun at people who erase their online identities. i'm trying to make fun of the idea that you can determine someone's personality and professionalism by what you find about them online (even a little). i think such a thing is silly. if there are images of a well respected man in a nun costume online i don't think such imagery should apply to his real life character. that's just me (but it should be everyone).

Rhett said...

Maria I understood your request, but you shouldn't be too worried. I'd be more worried about how much we are going to blackmail you for when you are a rich attorney... :)