Wednesday, May 31, 2006

new york city by the numbers

Halfway through my trip to New York, I realized that there is no way on Earth I'd be able to sum it up in one meager post. In order to sate myself and my hungry audience, I've decided to to do a quick number list and then move on with different posts throughout the coming week. I also left my camera in New York, so I can't show any pics until I get it back. Anyway here's my trip by the numbers:

0: The number of souvenirs I bought for myself.
0: Number of automobiles I touched (not counting buses)
1: Number of rollercoaster rides (The Cyclone)
1: Number of Broadway musicals I starred in
1: Number of words I spelled correctly at the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (jihad)
1: Number of words I spelled incorrectly at the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (zuuzuu)
2: Number of celebrities I saw unexpectedly
2.5: Number of hot dogs I ate.
3: Number of Broadway musicals I saw
4: Number of beautiful girls who accompanied me
4: Number of celebrities I was aware of who starred in Threepenny Opera
6: Number of subway trains I rode (1,2,3,E,N,Q)
8: Number of themed restaurants I went to (Chinese, Thai, Mexican, pizzaria, soul food, pub, bakery, British)
16: Amount in dollars I spent for an orange juice and french fries at Joe's Pub
20: Amount in dollars I spent for admission to a Nellie Mckay concert at Joe's Pub
24: Amount in dollars I spent to purchase a 7-day unlimited subway and bus metrocard
92: Number of pictures or videos taken with my camera
231: Amount in dollars I spent on Broadway musicals
587.03 Amount in dollars I spent on my debit card for the trip (including plane tickets)
???.?? Amount in cash I spent

That's it for now. Tune in soon for the following possible entries:

serendipity now!
broadway debut. D-E-B-U-T, debut.
whoa nellie! just kidding nellie, don't let up!
here comes the subway system!
new york city 2006 : a year in photographs (taken over a four-day period)
party at ground zero
low class depravity of the highest class

1 comment:

Rhett said...

FYI... the odds of "10 people out of 60" is a 16.67% chance. The same of rolling any 1 number on a dice or if you like Settlers, the same of rolling a 7 with 2 dice.