Friday, November 10, 2006

hardly any reason for this post at all

So there's a really good chance that Abel won't be in on Monday so I gotta think of a few things to talk about for Monday's show. Of course since I'm catering to dozens of fans rather than thousands I could just run a replay. Of course with the same thinking in mind, I could just not worry about who I offend and totally pull a Network moment. Then again maybe I'll pretend we're in the third grade and just read aloud for an hour. The FreeCapitalist himself pulled that stunt once.

So anyway I'm considering talking about Guns 'N Roses cancelling their Maine show because they wouldn't be allowed to drink on stage. Read about it here. Boy, Axl! Talk about missing the ultimate rock 'n roll moment! A true rockstar would have at least broken the law and put on a great show. You just showed that you suck in every way.

Also, I went to Wal-Mart for some reason tonight. Some guy tried to watch me while I tried to play Guitar Hero II. That's not the point I'm trying to make, though. My cashier greeted me friendily. I suppose I mildly appreciated it until I swiped my debit card and before I could proceed with my transaction, the machine asked me "Did your cashier greet you today?" Suddenly all the sincerity that may have been in the original greeting was completely sucked away.

So obviously I'm against Wal-Mart using me to observe the friendliness of their workers. The last thing I need is someone begrudgingly saying hi to me for the sole reason that statistics are being compiled.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Yes- Axl is lame...

Ok, about the Wal-Mart thing - what if he didn't greet you? What were you supposed to do, grab the manager and point at your cashier and say. "That guy didn't greet me! I demand my items for free!" ? Actually, that would be kind of awesome if that was the rule even though I would never use it. I bet Axl would though....

Laura Lee said...

Atleast they're paying employees to be nice to you rather than be mean to you. But I agree with Maria in a way. I resent the fact that they ask you to check their employees for them -- AS YOU ARE LEAVING THE STORE. Seriously, what are you supposed to do?

At Albertsons, if they ring you up for an item at the wrong price, they have a policy that you get it free. I've received 12 rolls of toilet paper and some laundry detergent for free that way.