Wednesday, January 31, 2007

a couple of quickies

Well, I'm back and safe from the concrete black hole known as Los Angeles. I'm afraid to say that my pop culture team "Out of the Way Peck!" did not qualify for the 2007 World Series of Pop Culture. I signed a non-disclosure agreement about the testing procedures they put us through, but let me just say that I probably should've more adequately studied the works of David Hasselhoff and Lauren Graham.

Pictures are to follow, but not for a couple of days. In order to fix my computer, they had to re-install the home version of Windows. As a result, many of the traditional programs I use to edit photos and view videos are not presently working. So now I'm faced with getting my crappy computer up to snuff or just patiently waiting for the iMac to arrive (and not know how to work it). Yes, I just ordered it today. HUGE HEADACHE. Apparently I have a limit on how much I spend using my debit card. I wasn't aware of that until today, so I was on the phone with Wells Fargo asking for an increase in my limit and also on the phone with Apple asking them to continue in their attempts to authorize the payment. I had to call Wells Fargo twice and Apple three times. I'm hoping that if Macs are as good as everyone says they are, my new computer will do all my phone work from now on.

Anyway, pictures coming soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The computer curse continues....? :-)

Maria said...

You already know I am happy that you are back home.

I have a feeling you will do just fine with your pictures once the imac arrives. Girl loves hers already.

Erica said...

wait, did these quickies happen before or after your new york honeymoon?