Monday, January 22, 2007

the two most unrelated things ever

Thanks everyone for your awesome input on the computer matter. I gotta tell ya, the more I learn about iMacs, the more excited I am to try them out. If nothing else I can at least pad my resume with sweet Mac skillz. I might go pick it up tomorrow. Here are the specs I'm partial to:

Specifications
2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
250GB Serial ATA Drive
ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM
SuperDrive 8X (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Final Cut Express HD preinstalled
Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mouse + Mac OS X (US English)
AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac - Auto-enroll
20-inch widescreen LCD
AirPort Extreme
Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR

I'll probably be buying some kind of Photoshop as well as a new edition of Microsoft Office for OS-X. This could set me back, but at least it will give me something to play with while I'm all poor again and stuff.

In the meantime, I got my old computer back from the shop, so a c-note later and it sorta works again. Right when I got it back I began making back-ups of the essential stuff on there before I get a new computer (or before it crashes again... whatever comes first) and I came across this little gem:



This is one of the oldest films I've ever made. Of the three films I've made, this one is the second oldest. My friend Jeremey Tuck and I collaborated to put this project together. I'm afraid to say, the book is way better in a lot of ways. Some aspects of the story are lost on the screen, such as the relationship with Blind Guy With Bazooka and Dismembered Man. Also, we simply had no budget to simply establish the setting as "the entire universe." Filming was limited to Peter Ivie's house and the parking lot at Albertson's. Keep in mind that this was originally made without the use of video editors. This is especially noticeable between scenes where a lot of essential information was accidentally chopped off due to "on-site editing" (sometimes the editing turned out remarkably well, however (especially during the climactic "spit sequence)). This version is an updated "director's cut" (done without permission of Jeremy Tuck) with effects updated to 19th century standards and actual credits. I might should make a director's commentary with this one if for no other reason than to just explain what's going on. Probably the most important thing to remember is that there are ten different characters in the movie even though we really only had two actors and didn't even bother with wardrobe.

3 comments:

Maria said...

oh wow- the movie is even better the second time around. Nice work.....love the red sweats. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about making the switch to the mac as well, but going with the macbook instead of the imac. it's more portable.

And I didn't actually watch the movie, but if it's anything like "Nightmare on West Temple" I'm in for a treat. And Heather says Jeremy Tuck is quite the hottie...

Laura Lee said...

The movie made me smile. It reminded me of all the crazy movies my brother made with his friends when they were 18 and 19.