Thursday, May 31, 2007

8 reasons why fantastic 4: rise of the silver surfer will be the absolute hottest movie sequel this summer!

8. Unlike Spiderman 3, Pirates of the Carribbean: At World's End, Ocean's 13, The Bourne Ultimatum and Shrek the Third; this film is the first sequel rather than the second and will have that much less diminishment from the original.

7. Jessica Alba is in it and she is SMOKIN' HOT ! ! ! ! ! ... actually, I don't really think she's that pretty and I don't understand her appeal, but I guess I can't argue with the masses.

6. Said with a quick schwa it sounds like FUN-tastic 4.

5. Three Spiderman movies give you merely three Spidermen, but only two Fantastic 4 films give you eight Fantastic 4s!

4. The incredible Michael McCusker did the editing! Click here for his imdb page.

3. Not every film made in Hollywood has the universe's second-best surfer!

2. Morpheus from The Matrix is in this! Well, not Morpheus, but the guy who played him. Well, the voice of the guy who played Morpheus is in it anyway.

1. It's about time someone made a live-action, but more cartoony version of The Incredibles... again.

Seriously though, I'll probably see this when it comes out even though I never saw the first one.

I sort of miss doing the 8 lists. Did you know that the guy from City Weekly does this thing called "The Ocho?" That guy totally ripped me off! Some of my lists are found here. Most aren't that good.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Your eight lists were pretty impressive considering you usually wrote them in about two minutes.

I think the silver surfer might not be so bad...maybe. I didn't hate watching the first one last night. Jessica really should be that blonde, but whatever...

Saule Cogneur said...

I saw the last twenty minutes of the first one at Wal-Mart a while back. If I had watched it dubbed in some other language, it might have been tolerable.

Good call on #1. Good sequels are fairly common. Good third installments? Fuh-get about it.

Rhett said...

Dude... I hate to disagree, but what about "Live free or Die Hard"? I mean the working title for the film is "Die hard 4: Die Hardest"! It looks awesome and has the best title since 2 fast 2 furious.

Charlotta-love said...

Re: #5. So what does three Pirates give you: way more than 8!

I have seen Shrek, Spiderman, and Pirates so far this summer. Spiderman was good and there was closure. Pirates was confusing - too many plots in not enough time. And it's 2 1/2 hours! I was so ready to get up after that movie. And stay till the very end.
Shrek was funny. I laughed quite a bit but it wrapped up like a sitcom from the 80's: a couple of hugs, some sappy music and life is all better.

Anonymous said...

I am making this comment to say that this movie will rock only because Michael McCusker did work on Speed 2: Cruise Control, the best movie of my high school years! And yes I own it on VHS.

In comment to comment #1, I read an article interview with JesAlba. Yes she is dumb and rocks.