Thursday, May 17, 2007

a pixel paints 1024 words

Here's a whole ton of stuff that I've been meaning to talk about, but my brain is too mushy to type about. So pretty much here are a bunch of pictures.

My work is semi-interesting. I'm dealing with thousands of dollars worth of audio and video equipment and sometimes I think it's thousands of dollars worth of complication. I sometimes wish things were back in the land of black & white and mono sound. I feel foolish about everything I don't understand, so it makes me feel pretty good when I find spelling errors on some of this stuff (even when it's a cheap digital audio recorder). Note that it's not just some foreign spelling since it's different in the instruction manual.

I absolutely love Spring snowboarding. It's warm. I get to wear shorts...
There's hardly anyone there (notice how there are no little dots around me)...
... but stuff like this can happen. I didn't hit a tree. This is from skidding across the Spring crystaline-like snow.
So the guy who runs MyExtraLife.com and Extra Life Radio is an acquaintance of mine and he rented out a theater to watch the new Spidermun movie.
Maria and I went and had a great time. She got to meet Scott Johnson (the Extra Life guy), wear her nerdy t-shirt and I got to win a t-shirt. Rhett was going to go, but he got tied up. He also said he didn't really want to deal with the "geek smell." I actually didn't know there was a geek smell. I suppose I actually have the geek smell and am just used to it. The particular day of the show also happened to be Free Comic Book Day. We actually bumped into Scott at the comic book store right after the movie. So it was a pretty fun day. Strangely I don't remember much of the movie.

I bet you're wondering how I got this old picture of the temple. Well, I actually took it, but made it look old. Just ignore the guy in modern clothes in the foreground, the Zions Bank building in the background, the car and the fact that the photo was obviously taken on the grounds of the new Conference Center.
Maria and I have been watching a lot of Curb Your Enthusiasm lately which explains this picture of her looking a lot like Cheryl Hines.


This picture and the one below it and the two above it were taken on one of the first really nice days of the year.
This one is just for my friend Dre. Dre, this TREE is a huge 311 fan. It's somewhere in Salt Lake City. Your job is to find it!
This thing is a true mini like the ones I used to see in New Zealand. Notice that it's way smaller than a normal mini. This particular vehicle was parked at my work one day for some reason.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, an update. So glad you're alive. That is one cool mini!

Maria said...

Just so everyone knows - my concerned face was for good reason. There was a young father DRAGGING his two small babies in a double stroller down the conference center stairs. The unfortunate front passenger was getting his little legs dragged under the stroller. That face translates as " What in the!!...where is their mother!?"

So...there you go...

Maker said...

ijfech! Was my word verification.

JoN, where do you work now?

joN. said...

in short, i work at the same place i've always worked, but now i don't specifically have the radio thing to do anymore (which eventually consisted of my sitting in a room and pushing one button twice a day). now my days are far less predictable because i work with a video production team and the work is dependent on whatever clients come along.

yvoiz!

Anonymous said...

bvaah is my verifcation and the name I gave that wart on my back!

Jon thanks for the challange! I will find that Tree and invite it to my 311 parties and decorate it for 311 day!! Wow a 311 tree!