Tuesday, July 29, 2008

hulu provides dr. horrible... for now

Sometimes things just come together just for me, it seems. When that happens I'd be remiss if I didn't pass said things along, even if it's totally not worth it to you. As stated before, I am so not remiss.

Neil Patrick Harris is now one of the funniest people on the planet thanks to How I Met Your Mother. So joining up with Joss Whedon during the writer's strike was the perfect fit. The combination yielded Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, which has its problems, but on the whole is totally delightful. It follows Dr. Horrible (NPH), a meek supervillain as he attempts to join the ranks of the Evil League of Evil and chronicles his actions in his video blog. Along the way he falls for a girl and clashes with Captain Hammer, the obnoxious conceited superhero. Captain Hammer is played by Whedon's golden boy, Nathan Fillion, who is awesome as Captain Mal in Firefly (a series that was liked by everyone fortunate enough to see it).

Oh, and the whole thing is a musical too.

Apparently over at drhorrible.com the plan was to only release it for a week and then charge for it on iTunes, but I guess Hulu is picking it up for another limited time. I'll bet everyone who paid six bucks for it on iTunes is pretty pissed right now.

While I'm speaking about Hulu, have you checked out their embed options? Totally cool. You can specify exactly what section of the video you want to show and Hulu adjusts the embed code to show just that. I didn't do it to the code below, but it's good to know that I can

Anyway, I think Act II is the best, but you can't just watch Act II without Act I. Here are all three in order. They're long, so if you decide to watch these you may need to keep this window open all day and catch a little at a time. There are tiny little ads at the front too.





3 comments:

Saule Cogneur said...

HA HA HA. Excellent.

I still need to watch the rest of Firefly one of these days. When it was originally broadcast, I saw the first three episodes and liked them. Stuff came up, and I don't remember what happened beyond me missing the rest of the season.

Anonymous said...

Future plans of Dr. Horrible also include a soundtrack and a dvd which will feature an all singing commentary track.

Whedon has not given a release date, just that it will be available for holiday shopping.

Maria said...

I love dr. horrible.

Mike- whatever "stuff" came up, wasn't worth it. Firefly is awesome. :)