Wednesday, July 02, 2008

obligatory smiley weekend time

It's been a while so instead of writing (thinking), I'll just put a few weekend pics up.

Joe's band played again for Justin's birthday party. They've come a long way since this 70s-era Joy Division shot was taken.


Okay, fine. The photo was actually taken Friday night. It does look a bit Joy Divisiony in its desolation though, don't you think?

Here's another video we took.



Saturday I went to the Arts Festival. Even though it was incredibly hot, I did my best to (very briefly) visit every booth. I found my way to the library part where they were displaying post-its of six-word autobiographies. I filled one out too. I can't remember it. I was in a pretty bad mood by that time, so it was pretty angsty teeny. In the post-it building they were having live readings from some local authors. Nothing makes me want to be a writer more than hearing live readings of mediocre writing.


That night a few of us went off to Morgan to see the "best worst movie ever made." Troll 2 dragged at times, but was funner than the movie I saw last night. It takes place in the town of Nilbog (filmed in Morgan) during a major goblin infestation (analyze the name of the city).


It was an all-star event. They even had fan-flavored short films. I considered buying a poster, but knew I was just getting swept away in b-cinema bliss.

More stuff happened recently. I just didn't have pictures of any of it.

4 comments:

Laura Lee said...

I can't believe you visited every booth at the arts festival. That's a lot of booths.

For future reference, if you or anyone else you know wants to go to the arts festival I have free tickets that I never use because I don't like to go.

Maria said...

Looks like Joe is keeping busy with the band- where was that unfinished basement?

Unknown said...

Was that my left arm on the right of the screen rocking out? Pretty sure.

joN. said...

that unfinished basement is (i think) justin's girlfriend's housesitting responsibility. here's hoping that the owners knew about the event. actually, here's hoping they never knew.