Monday, July 06, 2009

living in the geekdom #5

Okay, so a few days ago I had an intense yearning to start doing these again. It's actually been a year if you can possibly believe it. This one's been in my head for some time. If nobody minds, I'm going to take the comic in a new direction after this. Well, maybe not so much a new direction, but a big expansion. If I keep the comic going it won't JUST be about gaming.

You may need to click on it to see it properly. Here it is:

Note Joey on the computer screen. When we used to play we used to Skype Joey in.

While playing these games sometimes you have to roll the dice to see if your character notices subtle events. I always kind of thought that was weird because if you don't roll well enough, you're kind of just supposed to pretend that nothing's up, but the fact that you have to roll in the first place obviously means something is up, but your character doesn't know that, but YOU are your character, blah blah, etc. It's sort of like if you heard a car running through the living room of your house, but you don't actually SEE the car, so you assume it was nothing. Actually the point of this comic is that oftentimes geeks are unaware of the life around them. At least that's the way I am. ALL THE TIME.

4 comments:

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Haha! That was hilarious! I didn't know you did comics...or role playing games?? I played D&D a couple of times myself. I think it would be fun to play it how they do in Role Models...that would rock!

Dungeon Master said...

I'm still looking as good as ever.

Maria said...

I'm glad you are posting these again. Keep them coming.

Nasher said...

18? I never get that good of a roll. This is just one big fantasy world.