Monday, July 27, 2009

living in the geekdom #6 (important reader participation!)

Before you read the latest Living in the Geekdom, be aware of a few things. First, I've decided to take the comic into a much broader territory. No longer is it necessarily about RPGing. Also, I'm trying out each panel as an individual image. Should be easier to read. Finally, please vote in the poll.

.

create free polls | comment on this

Alright, so as I've said, please vote in the poll. I know most of my friends don't care one way or another, but that's really not the point at all. So you're not a geek, just humor me. If you have a real funny zinger, go ahead and let me have it. If not -- if you have the same old tired groan-inducing snide comment geekery -- go ahead and save it this time. Maybe charge up your wit factory and really say something good next time.

This marks the beginning of a comic story thread. Trust me on this one. It'll get pretty good.

Anyways, this one was a fun one to do. Notice the addition of a new character. If you're wondering how long it takes me to do these, just take a guess and then add 10 hours to that. This one's been in the works for a week and a half or so -- off and on.

10 comments:

Mad Giggler said...

How does Rhett feel about being in the Geekdom?

Rhett said...

I made a comic strip! Life long dream ful-filled!

I have many MANY things I want to say about this. But I'll be brief.

First off I had no idea I would make an appearance. I'm flattered and excited! I hope to make a contribution for the good of all mankind (or at least the strip..)

Major props on the detail. The logo on my t-shirt is impressive. I'll buy a frosty for someone besides Dre or jon who can identify it.

And while this storyline came out of no, and I can't recall ever having this discussion, I feel like jon and I do need to battle it out. Star Wars wins hands down. Yeah I said it. You heard me homestarmy. Star Wars is superior to Star Trek in EVERY conceivable way (except unintentional comedy; the Shat takes that prize). If you don't believe me, watch this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06fzjUOoY9U

And ewoks and midiclorians are far superior to their trek counterparts; tribbles and romulans respectively.

So in the immortal words of Hannah Montana and Gary Gilmore "let's do this".

Mad Giggler said...

Don't be lumping the homestarmy into the Star Trek conglomerate.

http://www.thehomestarmy.com/s9y/index.php?/archives/2168-Yoda-Day.html

I'm with you. Star Wars is WAAAAAAAAAY better.

dre said...

Was super excited to answer Rhett's trivia question UNTIL the jerk expelled me from the competition. If anyone needs a hint just ask! PS I voted not on belief but to see the results change.

Rhett said...

Mad Giggler I apologize. I was under the mistaken impression that the the (2 "the"s on purpose) homestarmy sponsored star trek somehow considering the amt of podcast material by the the homestarmy.

Good too see that at least one the homestarmien knows it's syfy.

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Rhett that shirt means your a druggie. It's Graffix, which is a "cigarette papers" co. aka joints. You owe me a frosty!

Also, love the strip Jon! I didn't grow up watching Star Trek, but after that movie came out a couple months ago I'm all about it! Star Wars = Blah. Star Trek = Awesome!!

Mad Giggler said...

@jaime

That Star Trek movie was the first watchable film in the franchise. And the tv episodes make the movies look absolutely fantastic.

Tuckster said...

Hey Jon, you know, some of us internet fans have been on pins and needles for months waiting for the next installment of Blogging Forgotten Realms. Are you busy wenching in Phlan again?

*whistle*

Saule Cogneur said...

I want to say there's a real competition here.

George Lucas has proven time and time again that he can't write a script to save his life. He took a great story and slaughtered it. I can't forgive him in this life or the next.

Annie said...

Rhett, I think you owe Dre a frosty anyway.