Sunday, April 04, 2010

don't not get a day job

Just about everybody knows my desire to attend the Muse show tomorrow night. Since such things are no longer in my financial league, I pretty much gave up until Joe forwarded me information about the X96 design-a-Muse-poster-contest. I thought hey, what a good idea, I'll do it!

I also sent the info along to Roxy and she totally won. So that's cool.

Anyway, here's the one I did.

Here are the images I took from.

Notice that one of the items is the album cover to The Resistance, which is their recent one. I heard that much of the album is based on the novel 1984, so I tried to make the poster sort of like a propaganda type deal. Hence the wicked overuse of the "watercolor" filter. Also notice the individual hexes that have been dislodged from the original. They're supposed to be falling out of place from the big honeycomb thing. For some reason I don't think I was able to capture the falling phenomenon very well. I'm also wondering if I made the band too evil. I know for sure I should have revealed the drummer a little bit better. Maybe I should have gotten rid of the hex above his eye. And that fist! That fist is right out.

Alas...

4 comments:

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

I think Roxy should take you to the concert since you told her about the poster contest.

Ps- Your poster scares me a little bit

Craig Barlow B. said...

I think your poster is pretty happening. And Jaime is right, Roxy owes you. Information doesn't come free.

Andrea Jolene said...

Of course Roxy won. It's ROXY! Also... now that I'm commenting on your blog... you can comment on mine. One day...

Average Joe said...

I should have gone to this concert... what was I thinking... Oh well at least I saw MUSE in Vegas in December w Jen and Nicole and Jeremy. That was pretty cool