Sunday, February 05, 2006

continental drift whiplash

...No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were. Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee...

The above is from "Meditation XVII" by John Donne, in case you're interested. Ever see that one Far Side where natives are trying to build huts on the floating guy? Anyway, I sure wish I was (were? crap. i think it is were) an island sometimes. so nice. I can't stand affecting people and i really hate the effect they have on me. I treat people very subtley, but my treatments still make me the most horrible person in the world. Worse than Hitler. Oh well, good thing I'm all continental today, though. My computer just broke again and I need to use my roommate's.

Hey, why does my computer break all the time? Am I being punished? I suppose I could just be negligent, but even if I don't take care about the thing, I worry about it all the time!

It was Mozart's birthday a few days ago. I celebrated the occassion by falling asleep to Amadeus. I celebrated my birthday early by snuggling up with a beautiful girl and watching one of my favorite romantic movies: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. That's probably worth a post in itself, so prepare for it.

No comments: