Tuesday, February 07, 2006

my hard is breaking down

A couple of days ago I listened to one of my favorite songs by Caesars: "My Heart Is Breaking Down." It made me wonder a little bit about Barney Clarke. Remember that guy? He was from Utah and he was the first guy to receive an artificial heart. He lived with it for a week or a month or something. Did you ever wonder how an artificial heart affected him emotionally? For that short time, he had the heart of a robot. Do you suppose his wife asked him if he still loved her and he unfortunately replied "My heart is breaking down. I'm sorry, but I have an artificial heart. How can I love with something so plastic?"

On the other hand, maybe the machines are our souls. I've said many times that my amount of energy is directly related to the amount of battery left in my cell phone. Speaking of which, the camera broke on the stupid thing. This is added to the fact that my computer is still broke. Without a computer, I can't use my other appendages, like my video camera and mp3 player. I took the computer in yesterday and today they informed me that the hard drive is failing. What do you suppose the hard drive is, the heart or the brain? In either case I've been very disoriented and unstable.

Remember the panic of 1837? I think it was 1837. I don't know anything about finance, but I think the deal with this period in history is that rumors spread that money wasn't safe in banks, so everyone made a run to the banks, withdrew everything and left nothing for those who didn't make it in time. If everyone looked at the big picture, they would have realized that acting on the panic wsn't a good idea. It's easy for us to say that when we're not panicking of course. It's just hard not to panic when you see everyone around you running toward the same thing. I may have to check my facts.

I was going to say about a month ago that I sensed something sinister on the horizon. I was going to tell everyone I knew to watch out. I don't know what for, but watch out. It was just a feeling. Probably means nothing for all of us. Mom, I know you're reading this. Don't freak out. It's just me sayin' stuff.

1 comment:

Rhett said...

For a quick insight on the panic of 1837, go here http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h967.html .