Tuesday, December 05, 2006

hoping to bump into woody allen

Last Friday was Woody Allen's birthday. We celebrated by watching Manhattan Murder Mystery, which holds a special place in my heart as the first Woody Allen movie I ever saw. I also rented it in commemoration of my upcoming paid time off I'll be spending in Manhattan. I also rented the video game True Crime Streets of New York in order to find my way around (it didn't help all that well). Turns out I have to use up my PTO and Maria happens to have hotel suite accomodations on behalf of her business. As a result, I only need to pay for my flight and I'll get paid while I'm there, so it's a pretty alright gig.

So far the only thing officially on the agenda is the musical High Fidelity. Other than that, we might go ice skating, and maybe another musical (either Avenue Q, Fame Becomes Me or Evil Dead the Musical). The best part of this trip may be the lack of definite plans. Maria has work in the evening which will give me time during the day to hit the Guggenheim or perhaps the Museum of Sex if I want to. I'm thinkin' though, that this will be a giant shopping spree for me. Does anybody need anything from New York at all?

The only other time I've visited the city was earlier this spring, so I don't know how the New York cold will be. Perhaps I'll just do a lot of sleeping in.

2 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

Can you get me a hotdog from Coney Island please!

Anonymous said...

Evil Dead the Musical? I think my life may have just found purpose.