Friday, December 14, 2007

give!

It's time to throw in some ideas of what I want for Christmas. I'm happy to report that I got three out of the seven things I asked for last year (even if I did buy them myself). The following have convenient Amazon.com links, so don't be afraid to go all webby!

1. Behringer Miniamp AMP800 Ultra-Compact 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier
Since we got Rockband in our house we have the problem of not being able to hear the music over the tapping of the real-world drum pads (and most likely whatever other ruckus is going on in the house). With this miniamp, we could plug four sets of headphones into it, blast ourselves silly with music and still leave the rest of the house relatively quiet.
2. 40 Years of the X-Men
This is a dvd of pretty much every X-Men comic ever. You need to get it for Mac. Actually I'm pretty sure it's Mac and PC compatible.
3. Super Mario Galaxy
I've heard that this is like the best Wii game out right now. I've heard Super Mario Party 8 is a blast too.
4. Bioshock
I downloaded the demo of this and it's amazing. Imagine if you will that an Ayn Rand type figure built an underwater utopia in the depths of the ocean. Now imagine that the society failed and is now over-run with mutants for some reason. Now imagine crashing there and enjoying all the objectivism art decor while mutants try to kill you. Yeah, it's pretty sweet. Get the Xbox 360 version.

5. The Complete Peanuts 1967-1968
Of course I would love getting any of The Complete Peanuts series. I like this one because Violet, my favorite Peanuts character ever, is on the cover. There's also a new Charles Schultz biography I'd love to read.6. Star Trek The Original Series - The Complete First Season (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (1966)
This one is tricky. Star Trek has already been released on standard dvd. Don't get that version. It has to be the dual version of HD on one side of the discs and SD on the other. It's the only version with the updated effects that they've started to ratchet into the old show in the past couple of years. I think it works great -- much much better that the updated effects Lucas did for the old Star Wars movies. They're way subtler. So don't bother getting me the original standard dvds. The link should point you right to them. Here's a little hint: the version I want is way way more expensive than the other one.
And once again, if you don't like anything on the list, check out last year's or feel free to get me something on my Christmas wishlist from 2004 or last year (with the exceptions of Home Movies Seasons 1-4, M*A*S*H Season 4, Music from the O.C. Mix #2 on cd, Interpol: Antics on cd, Dance Dance Revolution for the PS2, Karaoke Revolution for the PS2, snowboard boots, basketball shoes, New Order: A Collection on dvd, bathrobe, customized Converse shoes, Star Wars Battlefront II for PS2, PS2 controller, The Klingon Dictionary, Auto Repair for Dummies and Fargo Rock City)

Consider yourselves lucky. There's so much stuff I want. I walked into Barnes and Noble the other day and seriously wanted like ten items on the table of items designed to catch customers' eyes. Sometimes I wish I were you.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh Geez. If there are any readers out there who are actually serious about getting Jon anything on his list, please contact me. I may have the current status of what is REALLY left on his.

Honey- Miss Violet is not yet published yet. She is only on preorder Don't worry, I'm sure you will get her some day.