Sunday, December 02, 2007

free food friday 4!

It all started three weeks ago Friday when I placed a take-out order at P.F. Chang's and they lost the order and just gave me my two-meal order free for my trouble. Two Fridays ago after a concert our IHOP check was lost and our waitress just comped it out for us. Last Friday our server at Red Robin gave us a free drink. Now, just two days ago during lunch I went to this dismal Chinese place for lunch. They had a special that day -- a free cup of egg drop soup with every order.

Free Food Friday is now officially a holiday and I'm going to be celebrating it like 50 or so times a year. A week ago Maria gave me a coupon for free lettuce wraps at Pei Wei. It's to be used in a Free Food Friday emergency, just in case no free food comes one week. That's awfully thoughtful of her. She's like that. Of course now I'm stressed out about the whole matter. It seems to me like the concept only works when I actually plan on spending money. It's almost like a leap of faith. If I actually plan on just having free food given to me through the use of a coupon or something, I'm afraid it will break the magic.

Of course another really obvious concern is the sense of diminishing returns. In the course of less than a month I went from two free entrees at P.F. Chang's to six ounces of sitting tepid crock-pot soup.

2 comments:

Maria said...

You have to buy a meal in order to get the free lettuce wraps - just so you know.

Hilda said...

How come I never get free food? I need to get in on that somehow...