Wednesday, January 30, 2008

new blog feature!

Accute eyes may have noticed the new Quicktime play bar over on the right beneath that picture of me. I got the idea from Monica's blog. She does this awesome "song of the week" thing with a little mp3 player embedded right into her blog. I couldn't get the same player working so I had to mess around with, and make up some HTML to enable the same sort of listening experience here. Actually I didn't experiment with her player as much as I could have. I bet it would have worked if I uploaded the songs to the recommended third-party and if I gave them my blog password (which would have done all the work for me, but I was way nervous about doing something like that).

Ok, sorry too much talking. Hit play on the bar over there.

Weeks ago, I decided that the first song definitely had to be "Common People" by His Majesty Bill Shatner. Somewhere along the way the line between laughable camp and straight-up total awsomeness has disintegrated. This song is just sweet. I don't care what you say. So listen to it at work, put your headphones on and crank it up!

I'll change the song every few days.

Here it is down here just in case you're reading an archive and it's now the distant future (what's it like? Do we have warp speed yet?).

3 comments:

J.R. said...

I'm 2 discs through season 1. Favorite moment so far: "I want to live!"

Monica said...

Love that Shatner song! He's the best. And I'm so glad you're going to do the "song of the moment" thing; I can't wait to check out the next one.

Maker said...

Shatner is a man's man.
Easily the most awesome starfleet captian ever.
Thanks for sharing that. No really, thanks.