Saturday, March 01, 2008

b-day party pics '08!

Here's a pretty good shot of Maria and me last night at my big giant birthday party.


So the party went down at Skybox. They were extremely accommodating. They got us a big table in less than 15 minutes and everything.

Unfortunately, we had a drastic shortage of party guests.


The hostess and the servers were understandably rude to us because the two of us monopolized a 12-person table for our entire meal. The event was really depressing.

Actually after about five minutes 20 of my friends showed up and we had to get some extra tables too. Monica even brought me a gift: Hotrod on dvd. I think I rated it as my ninth most favorite movie from last year, but honestly I think it's more like the third. I got the halibut and chips. After that we played on the awesome big-person arcade games. I played the life-size basketball shoot three times in a row and got major back sweat from it. I also played the football throw game and beat Clint by three points. Maria beat me on the motorcycle game because I have cycle-turn-dyslexia. There's also the sweet racing game where four of us could race at once. Plus I got to the third screen in Donkey Kong. We had a wonderful time, but I forgot to take pictures of all that.

The hostess and servers weren't really rude. They were, in fact, quite nice.

3 comments:

Monica said...

The party was lots of fun, Jon. I can't wait to watch HotRod with you.

Maker said...

Happy Birthday 5 days ago, Jon!
My gift to you is that I won't call you and make up some lame excuse for not calling you on your birthday. Sparing us both, really.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!