Saturday, April 19, 2008

graffiti party


Just about every Friday afternoon I have absolutely no plans for the evening. Invariably, wherever I find myself that night, I tend to wonder how I came to get there.

My friends simply have connections. They're not always my kind of connections, but they can be plenty interesting.

Take last night's graffiti party for example. I have no idea on the details, but apparently some house invited everyone over to spray paint the walls with whatever artistic flair they wanted. Vast amounts of spray paint were even provided. I don't think the occupants anticipated the lovable juvenile attitude of Joe, who used the situation to showcase some colorful (read: blue) imagery.

We arrived fashionably late; around 11. It was a little too late. Things were settling down and we had a hard time finding good wall space for our work. They also wouldn't let Rhett pull out his paintball gun. Shortly after arriving we were sort of ushered out.

Someone had a pretty strong opinion about the Omaha music scene (someone else had an opinion against it).

3 comments:

Maria said...

Nice tag. So, what was the deal with the house? Planning to repaint or totally renovate?

joN. said...

you know, it was never really that clear.

Anonymous said...

The house was being torn down to make a new better house. I guess someone bought and planned it that way.

And for the record, 311 is the best band ever! I want to take rhett's paint ball gun down the throats of those that disagree.

Or just tell them they suck.