Tuesday, November 04, 2008

it's election day! yay!

Vote Nader/Gonzalez btw. I probably should have mentioned that sooner. I'm friends with Nader on Facebook. I'm not friends with Gonzalez, though. Hmmm.

So I just got done voting. I figured I'd go early to avoid the lines at the polling place (very successful) and also to avoid the lines at Ben & Jerry's. It was empty! But apparently they don't start giving away the free ice cream with the voting until 5:00. So I imagine it'll be plenty crowded by then. Dash it all! To make matters worse, I was in such a hurry to get out and Barack the vote (except I didn't actually vote for Obama) that i didn't bother changing my shirt from yesterday. That means my sticker is on yesterday's shirt and if I want the free ice cream people will probably see me wearing the same shirt. Yes, I know I can just transfer the sticker, but I'm always wary about the diminishing adhesive returns of sticker transference.


They really should change the stickers don't you think? What's to stop someone from just wearing their sticker from the previous election and claim that they voted this year when they actually didn't? The government should encourage people to vote every year. The sticker situation is just way too corruptible.

Here's a video I like. Lots of people hate Peanuts. I sure don't. I love those kids. It's actually kind of reminds me of the movie, Kids. Where are the adults? Anyway, this clip is great because it not only addresses the election, but it also discusses two other things that have been on my mind lately -- religious political policy and "Treehouse of Horror XIX." Anybody catch the Halloween Simpsons yet?




Yeah... I forgot to resize that video. You may need to squint.

Oh what the heck. Here's a favorite clip from this year's special. It's not The Great (Grand) Pumpkin stuff, but it's pretty good. AND REALLY GRUESOME!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Why did I think it was hilarious when Homer was doing compressions on the heart? Homer kills me.

Anyone have bets on how long Jon will keep that sticker on??

Maker said...

Best part of the post.

"...but I'm always wary about the diminishing adhesive returns of sticker transference."


Hahaha! Brilliant!