Friday, October 31, 2008

the true meaning of halloween

Usually I don't follow the Onion News Network. I find them pretty unreliable. I swear, half the time it's like a total joke. However, in the current throes of Slutoween, mancandy and non-pagan parties; I've found that the following news brief is DEAD ON.


In The Know: Has Halloween Become Overcommercialized?

Thanks to Jeff (of all people) for sending this along. Also, I just posted a recent and time-consuming post about the Halloween cd. Don't let it get buried in the new post! Scroll down and read that one too.

5 comments:

J.R. said...

It's high time someone stood up for this most sacred of seasons! The onion has always been a champion of the people. Which is why I'm voting for Joad Kressbeckler for President!

distmas!

Maria said...

True Dat. That kinda got scary there at the end..

Rhett said...

Ok now that is just awesome!

Johnny 5 said...

They should do a story on the Pagan origins of Christmas and Easter while they're at it. Great video Jon, it really reminded me to get back in touch with the true Halloween spirit

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

It's high time someone took Halloween crisis serious! They need to play this in schools across the country!