Saturday, November 22, 2008

martyr for love


This may be the last time any of you see me.

As of this writing, I haven't been able to get rid of my BYU-Utah football game ticket, so it looks like I'll have to go to the game. Last time I went to the BYU-Utah game at Rice-Eccles stadium I SWORE I'd never go back.

Now, strangely, I'm going to torture myself all over again. Actually, I guess I'm going to allow 45,000 of the red menace to torture me. Maybe I'm a lousy fan, but I don't see BYU winning this one. The odds are clearly against us. That's still irrelevant though. I simply don't get the same joy out of the spite that comes from sticking it to the other team on their own turf. It's either freak out and get miserable or break even with me. I simply don't get enough pleasure out of sporting events.

Nevertheless, we got the tickets several months ago just to go to this game and now we're committing. It could be rough, and as I've said I may not be coming back. This may be the biggest game ever in the rivalry. I think fans on both sides will be taking this one personally. It could be life-threatening.

Tell my story.

4 comments:

Maria said...

ohmygosh you look so scared. By the way, I knew you guys were going to end up going anyway, and I think you knew deep down too. It is a good story. We all know how you like to tell a good story. Please, just don't respond to anyone. If Rhett is going, please don't let him get in a physical fight. Oi...

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

I'll pray for you buddy :-)

Maker said...

The Haka dance. That's why they lost.


wv: beecom

Anonymous said...

Did you make it out alive?