Wednesday, February 21, 2007

catch some v.d. for '07

Hey wow! I just realized that my last post was my 100th! Good job me!

I meant to post the following a week ago. For the record, I had a pretty nice Valentine's Day. I convinced Maria to stay in and we stayed in with takeout and watched Lost (this is the third entry in a row to reference Lost (how pathetic)).

Anyway, for the first time in four years I made a Valentine's cd. It used to be something I did every two years, but for whatever reason I didn't put the effort in since 2003. Here's the playlist. Notice the cinematic and television quotes. Thanks to Garageband, I was able to sneak a few gems of dialogue in. See if you can tell where the quotes come from.

1. ("You're asking me out? That's so cute! What was your name again?")
"Trouble Sleeping" by Corinne Bailey Rae

2. ("It's just void... Maybe she's retarded")

3. "Human Nature" by Michael Jackson

4. ("...this girl's really turning me on!")
"Damn Girl" by Justin Timberlake

5. ("Who're you?" "Whoever you want me to be.")
"Rabbit and the Moon" by Joseph Arthur

6. ("...Besides, you're a Romulan")
"I Want to be the Boy to Warm Your Mother's Heart" by The White Stripes

7. ("I can't believe my grandmother actually... " "What's happenin' Hot Stuff?")
"Into Temptation" by Crowded House

8. ("We're not mass married...")
"I Wanna Get Married" by Nellie McKay

9. ("... we can always get divorced")
"Europa and the Pirate Twins" by Thomas Dolby


10. ("... you're a hottie!...")
"Woman" by Wolfmother as performed by Jon Madsen, the Guitar Hero

11. ("Understand I was in love with the girl... or at least in lust")
"I Got You" by Split Enz

12. ("Let's go talk about our superior relationship...")
"Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" by Nancy Sinatra

13. ("...I have fallen in like with you...")
"My Heart is Breaking Down" by Caesars

14. ("...A-ha! Black panties!...")

15. "You're Gonna Miss Me" by The 13th Floor Elevators

16. ("...Allergic? To Dancin'?...")
"Piano Song" by Erasure

17. ("Flash, I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth!")
"Goodnight Lovers" by Depeche Mode

So if you want a copy of the cd, shoot me an email. Maybe I can gift my playlist to you too.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hi! I'm writing this on Jo Jo !! He is so awesome. Love the cd - you know I already know all the quotes so I wont answer all of those quite yet. Jo Jo is great but typing takes awhile.

Charlotta-love said...

Well, I'm happy to say that I recognized lots of the quotes AND lots of the songs. I'm getting cultured!
BTW: I was listening to one of my new favorite radio stations and they played, in this order, The Smiths, Split Ends, Pet Shop Boys. I was loving it!