Monday, February 19, 2007

pillage of the damned

I have been buying way too much stuff lately. Way too much.

I finally flipped out about it when I bought the iPod on Saturday. Maria pointed out that I haven't actually regrat (it's a word, c'mon!) any specific one of my purchases. I've only regrat the entire catalog of purchases as a whole. Every huge purchase I've made in the past few weeks has been in contention to be the best purchase of my life.

1. Guitar Hero II for the Playstation 2: Maria's already discussed this in great detail.

2. Guitar Hero II wireless guitar: Hey, how can I play Guitar Hero without wailing on someone to show off my dominance? Of course, Joe constantly beats me and that severely affects my manhood.

3. 24-hour fitness gym membership: My goal is to have the arms of a human being.

4. Those sunglasses you see in the previous post: I can't board in goggles! I've got an image to maintain.

5. As-yet-unnamed-iMac: Finally, a computer free of spyware (at least that I can tell)! Was it worth the money? Not sure yet, but at least it looks cool.

6. An all-in-one HP printer/copier/scanner: It's for my new computer and it's free once I figure out the rebate.

7. jO-jO the Wii: I haven't mentioned that with Maria's extreme dedication, I finally got my hands on a Wii. It's also totally the party that you've been hearing about. I took Maria's advice and decided to name it jO-jO (with the emphasis on the Os) because it's small and scrappy. Maria talks about it here.

8. Warioware Smooth Moves: Wii Sports is fun enough, but Warioware smooth moves is trippy enough to continue to keep me away from illicit drugs.

9. Wii Lan adapter: Now my Wii can connect online and and I can buy old school Nintendo and Sega games for between eight and ten bucks a piece. Nothing like purchases that give me opportunities for more purchases.

10. 80 gig Video iPod named Yvette: Hell has frozen over with this one. I've been an iPod hater for years now. I don't really like the flywheel, I don't like the lack of radio tuner, I don't like the lack of a line in, I don't like the lack of a microphone and the small size never really impressed me. Alas, the new iMac does not recognize my old mp3 player. Plus, I caved because I think Apple is a company to trust when it comes to video. So since, I've got the video one, I now have the option of downloading TV shows and music videos for two bucks as well as the opportunity to download movies for ten bucks. The only problem is it's got an internal hard drive rather than a flash drive. The hard drive holds video and way more stuff than a flash drive, but it can possibly skip as well as get damaged during movement. That means I'll probably be buying ANOTHER mp3 player just to take to the gym and snowboarding. I named it Yvette, because the "ette" on the end draws attention to the petite-ness of the thing (thanks for that one Mike).

Could I live without any of the above purchases? Sure. Would I bother? No.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know this comment should go on the last post, but you mentioned that the imac still has no name. plus, no one's commented on that thing in, like, at least a month.
anyway, the imac should either 1) have the cool, debonair, last-name-ish butler thing going, 2) be named after the thailandese sweat-shop kid who made it, or 2b) be named "short round" (from "temple of doom"), the loveable sidekick who probably escaped from a sweatshop, can drive a car by 10 and outwit the chinese mafia, cheats at cards, and forces everyone to call you "dr. jones" or else.

Maria said...

You already know this, but I love all your purchases and I know you do too. Like I said- just don't try to get a grand total....

Also- Short Round!?? Awesome...