Friday, February 23, 2007

stuff i'd like for my birthday

Here are some dvds of TV shows I totally wouldn't mind owning:

The Prisoner
Star Trek -- The Animated Series
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Sessions
Eerie Indiana
Family Ties
Red Dwarf
The Twilight Zone

I don't have time right now to provide Amazon links, but you shouldn't have too hard a time finding these (with the exceptions of The Prisoner (a weird British show from the 60s) and The Complete Sessions of Cowboy Bebop (I've seen the episodes sold separately for a pretty high fee, but I know they have all episodes on only three discs somewhere).

I also need a zip-up comfortable black ninja hoodie. My old one is really wearing out.

A really really nice thing to do would be to go over to my house, get your credit card out and put some buying points on my Wii so that I can buy some old school Nintendo and Sega games.

There are still a couple of things from my Christmas list that I didn't get (don't get me a Wii or a Zune). Prepare to spend a bundle!

Since I eat out pretty much every day, some restaraunt gift cards would be really swell.

But of course, surprises are the best. You can really surprise me with geeky books or movies of some kind. Most people who know me know I'm a geek. What they don't know, however, is I'm secretly WAY geekier than I let on.

Remember my party this Tuesday!

EDIT: I totally forgot a huge item that I want... another Wii remote. My clan has been aching to play two player tennis since DAY ONE!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Remember Jon, you aren't allowed to buy any of the things you have listed in the next couple days.

I hope you enjoy your birthday and the gifts already coming your way!

Laura Lee said...

A bit of bad news on the family ties DVD. Reviews pointed out that there aren't any special features which is kind of lame, but worst of all, they've cut out some scenes from the original episodes because of certain songs they didn't bother to get the copyrights for. Someone said that's why it took so long for Freaks and Geeks to be released on DVD. They waited to get their copyrights so the DVD was in fact "complete".

Oh well. Still one of my favorite shows. Maybe they'll come out with a "special" edition in the near future that actually has everything.