Sunday, February 04, 2007

post #1 from a mac

The iMac is up! And I'm pretty sure things are running smoothly. Here's a picture of the little boy:



The computer took a picture of itself! Isn't that cute? I only wish I owned a mirror. Those are new sunglasses too, though. This could very well be the worst Mac ever and I wouldn't know it, since I've never used one before. If anyone has any tips, let me know. I figure my computer curse will be broken now that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. All I really know for sure is that now the computer's gonna be doing everything for me -- audio, video, word processing, labor (both mental and manual), eating, sleeping, killing, etc.

Also, I need help naming this thing. It needs a girl's name or maybe a gay man's name. Suggestions?

8 comments:

Maria said...

Okay- the first names that pop into my head are names of people you actually know, so that won't work.

Umm....how about...

Vicki
Molly
Bert

Laura Lee said...

I found these helpful:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304720

http://the.taoofmac.com/space/HOWTO/Switch%20To%20The%20Mac

It's mac 101 for pc users. It didn't answer all my questions. For example, if you want to copy an image from the internet, instead of right clicking to save the picture, you have to hit "control" and then click your mouse.

Name suggestions:

Maggie
Sheri
Brady
Ivan
Mel

Maria said...

I've gotta add JO-JO to my list...I just do!

Anonymous said...

Why do you need to name your computer? Is this a cult, er...I mean, Mac thing?

Saule Cogneur said...

Lucinda, Velma, and Yvette come to mind for some odd reason.

dre said...

lance

bec said...

I had a friend whose computer was named Alice. I thought it was kind of funny. How about Jan? Fran? Raley? Bailey? Sammy?

Anonymous said...

Steve. The ultimate gay man name.