Friday, March 16, 2007

air conditioning in hell

Three big things happened today.

I turned on the A/C in my car. Usually, I save this event specifically for St. Patrick's day, as evidenced three years ago. Today I had Abel with me and he was on the phone, so I thought it would be a bad idea to roll the windows down. I still would've switched the A/C on for the drive home. It's going to be a nice, warm year. We're one day ahead of schedule.

I started my new job today. Yes, I work in the same building and yes, I'm still officially a "sound engineer;" but this time I'm completely away from the dull nightmare that is The FreeCapitalist Project. Now I just have to do what I've always done, but with a Mac. Good thing I brought this one home to practice on.

On the way home today I passed one of those company signs with the moving crawl that gives time and temperature as well as other announcements and ads. As I read it, I passed through an overpass or something so the salutation part of one message was cut off and I only caught the end of the next message. To me, the sign said, "Hell... apply within."

5 comments:

Laura Lee said...

I wonder what kind of job I could get in hell. So do you have a 9-5 now?

joN. said...

hmmm. probably something in p.r. for you.

yeah, it's a 9-5.

Charlotta-love said...

Congrats on the new job! That's pretty funny. There is a motel I pass everyday on my way to work. The sign reads "Free breakfast, Long distance Calls, and Internet." My dad dared me to stop in and say, "I would like my free breakfast please. oh, and can I call my friends in Utah?"

Charlotta-love said...

"Hell...apply within" is funny...not that you got a new job. Doh!

Anonymous said...

Jon, About every three months I check your blog and see how you are doing. Glad to know you're still keeping it madsen. Parenthood is treating us well. The projectile poop is my favorite part so far. Keep in touch! John Edvalson