Sunday, February 17, 2008

the final friend tier

This may be surprising to hear, but I really enjoy Star Trek.

For the past 20 years my friend, J.R., has mocked me for my Trek beliefs. Only lately, however, has he decided to give it a go. Recently he's informed me that he just finished the first season of the original series.

Tomorrow night (Monday), if all goes according to plan, he and I will have our first Star Trek discussion ever. I'm hoping to record this conversation and broadcast it live if technology permits. If you'd like to participate in this historic occasion, please check the blog out tomorrow (or tonight if you're reading this on Monday) at maybe 10:00 pm or so. Hopefully I'll have a couple of Ustream windows up and a chat page.

4 comments:

cumom said...

Don't forget to remind him how many times he watched Pumaman...

J.R. said...

Puma Man is the funniest movie EVER! Jon I can't wait!
I'll call you around 9:30ish your tie to get set up.
Rock on my little Vulcan friend

J.R. said...

Peter is that you? Are you getting my movie of the month emails or do I not have your correct email address? Zippity Zoppity gimme the boppity Peter!

cumom said...

Yes I get your emails. I just haven't been to a movie rental store in a couple of years, and we canceled our netflix account early last year. I watch mostly recorded and downloaded TV shows. I keep meaning to pick up the movie of the month, but I just never think of it when I am near a rental place. I haven't given up though.