Friday, September 15, 2006

abel hour enabled

So today might be the last time The Abel Hour broadcasts over actual radio frequencies. I'm confident that we'll still be online for some time, but our radio lease is up. In the meantime, go to www.theabelhour.com for your fix of hearing my voice (and, i suppose, Abel's). Anyway, hopefully the boss boss will shell out a little bit to continue the radio thing. I don't anticipate progress unless that happens. Things are positive, though. Apparently even though lots of people in the company are mysteriously disturbed by our little show, the one in charge thinks it's a positive option and wishes it to continue (of course it's far far far from priority one). So while we may be in interim, please let me know what we should talk about in the future. Also, please call in when you can (remember the number is 1-800-331-4301). Also, please book guests for us. Doing a radio show is actually strangely exhausting.

7 comments:

Maker said...

"Apparently even though lots of people in the company are mysteriously disturbed by our little show..."

Why is this?
I think it's a great show.

What sort of guests are you looking for? I could hunt around.

joN. said...

anyone who helps someone else have a better life would be just fine

Abel Keogh said...

Jon, you didn't tell them how Sirius and XM are in a bidding war to broadcast our show. I think the bidding is somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 million right now....

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maria said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maria said...

EXCUSE ME!? I was with you ALL weekend - and you didn't mention this!! Are we even friends? seriously....

I hope you get to keep doing your show. I want to guest host again. Abel said I could...

Maker said...

I try to help people live/have worse lives.
Mostly through personal intervention and destructive behavior.
Maybe I could be a guest host?
Let me know so I can start storing up all my negative energy.
I can hardly wait to give out some really really terrible and illogical advice to the masses.
Maybe I can promote my exciting new science magazine too, "Un-Popular Science"!