Monday, September 11, 2006

five years of terror

Well, today's the big anniversary! What is it, wood? I guess we're supposed to give wood for five year anniversaries. Anybody got wood?

Living in the age of terror is a bit more vivid than the ice age I remember during the eighties But did you ever catch The Day After on TV? Yeah, in many ways, the constant threat of nuclear holocaust is nothing compared to the threat of out of control planes. Oh well. It doesn't matter who you are, someone's always out to get you. Hey remember the nineties? There was no Cold War, there were no terror alerts. Why were we so uptight and full of angst back then?

I remember the day vividly. It was the first time I ever used the line, "So... in this new age of worldwide terror, surely the moral constraints we're used to can be relaxed a little..." It didn't work then and it hasn't worked since. Something's gotta change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon,

thanks to your blog I was able to avoid a whole hour of reading for my classes. Curious what you meant by moral constraints on your 9/11 peice. Say hey to the gang for me. John Edvalson

joN. said...

great to hear from you, john! i don't really know what i meant. i said it to several girls in the hopes that terrorism would be a sort of last resort aphrodesiac. i figured if anyone was willing, whatever happened to happen would be what i meant.

Maker said...

Jon,

If you want to take a look at my blog, then too bad.
Stay rad.

...also, that Sci-Fi convention thingy on the 23rd looks like it might be fun. We should dress up as X-men.
You Magneto and me Wolverine.
We can act real serious and act totally confused like either we thought it was a Marvel Universe convention...or a X-Men costume contest for the new Sega Dreamcast system.