Thursday, September 14, 2006

when a supernova becomes a black hole


Thanks a lot America. Actually, thanks a lot world. You just voted this d.b. as your new pseudo reality heavy poprock hybrid king. Did I mention he's Canadian? What's wrong with you people? Is it his voice? It sucks. Is it his abnormal upper cranium? Ug. I actually miss J.D. Fortune.

I can't believe it came down to him and Dilanna -- my two least favorite contestants from the very beginning. Magni was eliminated first of course, followed by the nice squishy guy from Australia I totally wouldn't have minded winning, Toby. Fortunately, at least, I was able to snag ten bucks from Rhett who bet me that Dilanna would win. I knew for a fact that they'd never pick the girl unless she ran away with it from the very beginning and was far and away ahead. Rock bands can't seriously consider girls, because the fan base doesn't tend to take girl rockers seriously. Amy Lee did a good job, but it's not because she rocks. It's because her stuff is far originaler. Or was far originaler. I doubt the Evanesense new stuff is any good. Shirley Manson is ok, but Garbage is more weird than rock. Anyway, sucks to be a girl. You can be American Idols, but you can't be Rockstars. I know, I know. I hate it too. It's a shame. Girls are cute.

5 comments:

Laura Lee said...

Whatever. One less band I feel the need to follow.

Rhett said...

Props to Laura.

Maker said...

That guy's forehead is so big that it's actually a fivehead!

Maria said...

yes Jon - girls are cute. Lukas is not...

Anonymous said...

Girls are cute?? we Rock big time, you are obviously sublimating for some small appendage, I agree about Lucas but Dilanna was far and away the superior voice/performer.