Friday, May 09, 2008

catching up with rexbasior '08

Let's see how fast I can mention stuff.

I'm proud of this snowboarding video we did about a month ago, but am seriously amazed at its low traffic on YouTube. Last I checked it had nine views. Nine. It has so few views that AP Style guidelines indicate that I spell the number out with letters. And I'm not even mad. I'm impressed. How does a video called "70s Snowboarding" promoting itself as lost footage from 30 years ago to vintage Bowie only get nine views in a couple of weeks?



Maria was totally in town last week. We went to a really awesome concert with the group Swell Season, which is actually Glen and Markéta from Once plus also the other dudes from Glen's other group, The Frames. You may remember Glen and Markéta at the Oscars when they won for best song and Glen gave a heartfelt speech and then Jon Stewart was like, "Man! That guy is arrogant!" The Oscar band cut off Markéta so Jon brought her out again. Remember that? It was really sweet. Anyway, at the show we went to, Glen was like the life of the party, but Markéta didn't really seem like she wanted to be there. AWESOME show though. Soully.

Here's the only picture I took while Maria was in town. She sure looks pretty for all the stress in New York she's been dealing with lately. It's super sad since she used to love visiting there. It's a whole lot like that one Simpsons where Homer explains to his family why he hated his experience in New York City so much. I own the dvd. I could hurry and rip that part and show it right here, but it would take a little while. I'll just say that at the end of Homer's story Marge says, "Oh Homer, of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.s."


The picture was taken at Tucanos. We went there to celebrate Kristi doing something. I think it was important. I ate several pounds of Brazilian meat, an entire pineapple, a plate of mashed potatoes, a salad and a crème brûlé (ugh, that was annoying to HTML).

We also ate at Café Rio.

Oh! Forgot to mention. You totally may have noticed that there are no longer borders around my photos. Ever since I decided on this particular blog template however many years ago, I've been annoyed that it automatically puts borders around the pictures. So, I finally got into Blogger CSS and switched up the formatting. It's no big deal, but old blog entries such as this one should look cooler now.

Look at this sign.


Since when are those fountains convenient when they're on?

So remember Free Comic Book Day! I cleaned up. I hit Hastur Hobby, the Library Night Flight, the Night Flight on State and Black Cat in Sugarhouse. I also tried to go to the Night Flight at Cottonwood Mall even though the wizardess that runs the joint ALWAYS calls me out when I read comic books and don't purchase them. When I drove to Cottonwood, here's what I found.

Yeah. Cottonwood Mall is gone! Who knew? I guess they're building another one, but you can't just destroy something and then put something else in its place and say it was the thing you destroyed. Can you? I guess you can say that.

I really hate electric car windows. I get the feeling that all new cars have them, but I'm particularly old school about this one. Give me a roller any day. I don't like it when I'm in someone's car and they go into the grocery store "for only a minute" and they forget to roll down the windows for me and I'm stuck there and can't just roll them down myself. Also, I hate it when the car's battery dies and while I'm napping in the backseat, it rolls into a lake and because of water pressure I can't get the door open and I would be able to roll down the window, but can't because they're electric.

My inside door handle broke (again). That means I have to roll down the window and reach out to the other handle to open the door. That also means that if I turn off the car before rolling down the window I have to restart the car just to get out. It's either that or struggling across the front seat to the passenger side, hoping to heaven I don't slip on the knobby shifter that's sticking straight up.

A kind neighborhood Samaritan relieved me of my whole window rolling down problem (again).


In thanks, I unchoicefully gave this Samaritan my car stereo (again).


Here is a video of today's snowboarding. In it you should be able to see my sweet sweet dizzy new board shorts. For once the fact that swim trunks are called board shorts makes sense. Also notice the iPod Shuffle getting knocked off toward the end. Good times. Sweet weather. Thanks to Scott for supplying me with one last pass for the season.



I was also going to talk about our softball game tonight, but it took forever for that one video to load that I think I'll just do it later (plus two snowboarding videos make great bookends for this entry). We like totally won btw.

3 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

You and Rhett need to stop being such kind samariatans!

Maria said...

I look kinda crazy in that photo...oh well. Nice 70s footage. Hurry up and post about your game!!!

Laura Lee said...

Someone broke into your car again?? Geez.

That's kind of spooky how your car door handle broke several days after mine broke. Must be the curse of the Corolla. Only it took me a few hours to figure out that I can roll down the window and open it from the outside. Up until that point I was scooching out the passenger door and having people open the door for me.

Needless to say I felt excited (and stupid) to learn I could open it up from the outside.

Now I never have to get it fixed.