Saturday, May 10, 2008

the first time i've ever won a sporting event

Right to the point -- our team, Jim's Orphans, won our softball game on Thursday.

Here is a crappy video showing how bad I am at following the ball. The hit went far into left field, but seeing it happen in the camera's viewfinder I totally thought it went right. Anyway, Cyrus made an incredible catch that I totally missed.



Anybody ever see Reservoir Dogs?


So I caught a couple of pop-ups in the third inning. I hit two fly balls directly into center field, but the opposing team didn't field them. I also hit a line drive directly to the pitcher. A lesser man would have been killed by the ball's velocity, but this guy annoyingly caught me out.

Here I am posing on first base. On the next play I slid into second and the play after that I ran into their short-stop when he fielded the ball right in the baseline. He tried to call me out for interference and I told him the baseline belonged to me, not him. Then the game ended.


We tried something new this week by playing music at ever at-bat of ours. My personal favorites were Scott's "manatee monologue" and Clint's "Like a Virgin."


Yeah. Final score 10-8. Maybe it was 9-8. Something like that.


4 comments:

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

Sorry- my first comment had a really annoying type-o..

Thanks for the footage! Your first base pose is pretty fierce. I don't really know what is going on in the last photo though...

Hey Rhett- is that a P.Diddy pose I recognize??

Laura Lee said...

Way to go Jim's Orphans! I may just come again.

dre said...

Maria, I loved that you deleted your post due to a typo! I've done that before, glad I'm not alone!