Tuesday, May 13, 2008

forbidden geekdom

Tonight is the night I finally get to begin playing a table-top RPG with Pete and his Homestarmy.

That, combined with the geeky webcomics I read plus my immersion into old Peanuts strips lately zapped this comic into my head. There's an old Seinfeld episode where Jerry is annoyed at his dentist because he converted to Judaism just for the jokes. I'm starting to think that maybe that's one reason I'm into geeky things. Even though I take such things very seriously, I just can't deny the humorous goldmine.

I had a hard time getting the sizing right when I uploaded it as one comic, so if you can't read it, you'll have to click on the top and bottom images separately to embiggen them.

This is pretty much the conversation I've been having with Pete for the last month. He says he takes it very seriously. Then I call him out and say, so are we LARPing then? And he says "NO LARPING!" The humor in it, of course, is that you can take this stuff pretty seriously; but there is a line that you just don't cross. I joke that, hey, we're so close to the line anyway -- maybe it'll be fun.

Alright, and finally here's a link to actually find out what LARPing is. I actually found out only a couple of months ago. Coincidentally, it was when Pete and J.R. were chatting about it during our Star Trek podcast. Everything geeky just kind of came together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of all things geek, did you get tickets for Nerdtacualr 2008?

Maria said...

I love the comic. You are naturally talented at that stuff.

joN. said...

yeah, i think i got my tickets.

thanks tons, babe.

Rhett said...

Wait did you actually draw this comic? Its good! Do more.