Saturday, May 31, 2008

geekdom 3 revealed!

I forgot to post this video of me preparing the third "Geekdom" comic. It's two hours long, which is a bit much, and includes me goofing off slightly, but here are a few highlights:

1:30 -- Importing the scan of the original sketch of "Joey," which apparently bears a scary likeness to the person.
16:20 -- Testing different fonts for the "PHP" t-shirt.
38:43 -- The beginning of podcast #6 of J.R. Watches Star Trek for the First Time. If you haven't listened to it yet, you could simply listen to it while you watch me work on the comic.
1.09:15 -- Bringing up the Comic Life program to experiment with different panel formats (because of the nature of this particular comic, they all kind of sucked)
1.20:45 -- Beginning the word balloon process. This time this was obviously a much more complicated process that took about 35 minutes longer than I thought it would.


1 comment:

Maker said...

Not sure what to do. I clicked on reload because I didn't see a "play" button. Nothing happened.
Drat.

I always loved "A Forest". Call me trendy but it rocks. Hard.
Thanks for coming by today. It's always great chatting about big dreams that we have that will never happen. HA!
Actually, it was a great time. Next week we are hitting up Charlie Chows. Fo' realz!