Tuesday, November 20, 2007

the apathy gene

November is almost over! That means my obligatory post-a-day project will soon be at an end. Ahh! What a relief! I've been wanting to get into the regular habit of posting every day for a long time now, but I'm not sure I'm capable. I'm a lot more of the type of guy who gets into a habit of not doing things. Presently, I'm in the middle of a pretty good run of abstaining from carbonated beverages. I've been pretty successful at it before. I did it with no problem in high school while certain others had severe withdrawal symptoms. The temperature dropped pretty hard today and I thought about how hard it would be to be addicted to cigarettes because I'd have to go outside in the cold to smoke. I figure I'd just get fed up with the cold, go inside and never smoke again. Maybe I don't understand how addictive nicotine is, but I'm sure it's not as bad as my hatred of the cold. If I got really desperate, I'd probably just invent a smoking helmet that I could wear inside. It'd pretty much just be a fishbowl with tight lycra making a seal where the neck would be.

Obviously I had no idea what I'd be talking about when I started this post.

2 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

Okay, while I'm sure someone somewhere has created a smoke catching hat, I couldn't find it. I did however, find a hat that will PREVENT you from smoking.

Go here and scroll down to the Anti-Smoking Cowboy Hat. Don't know what to tell you if you aren't a cowboy...

http://members.toast.net/saddletrout/attic.html

Boneck Family said...

thats funny! i was telling rania the other day that i could never be a smoker cause id have to go out in the cold to have some puffs. Hell No! im with you.