Thursday, November 08, 2007

stream of whatever

I tripped on the treadmill again the other day.

Tell me. When am I actually supposed to start feeling good after going to the gym? It's so absolutely punishment.

I need to buy new clothes. My high-flyin' stuff I got from Mexpress three years ago is begining to fray.

Why would anyone save used ink cartridges from work for six months? It's because I'm ob-com about recycling. For whatever reason, Best Buy has a place where people can recycle print cartridges. Seems like something pretty weird to recycle, but they do it somehow.

Maria is going out of town this weekend. That means lots more burping and farting. It also means I'll be able to plow through the entire dvd of Babylon 5 that just came in through Netflix. I'll probably hit that new movie about Ian Curtis called Control. I'll definitely eat lots of Chinese food. What else should I do?

She's heading to Frisco. I'm not the type of person who exalts specific cities, but San Francisco is pretty choice. I've only been there once, and it was like 20 years ago, but I remember being quite impressed. I tried to talk her into playing that game Manhunter: San Francisco to get used to the area, but she didn't seem too interested.

Have fun, honey! I'll have fun without you, but probably not really that much fun.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I voted the other day. Turns out I voted the same way most other people voted. I didn't vote for that Dave "I like this guy" Buhler for mayor. The reason is probably pretty lame by most standards and it's definitely impertinent to any principle or issue. I just hated his sign that said "vote for the doer, not the dreamer." I'd prefer to have a guy in charge who considered themselves a doer and a dreamer. Because he let go of the "dreamer" part, it sounds like he has no ideals. Yeah, give me a dreamer. I'd rather have someone who hopes to make changes for the better instead of simply being a hard-worker. Of course that person's dream could easily be one where he or she is in underwear in class, but then they inexplicably fall off a cliff. Maybe that would be bad.

Yesterday, I picked up the latest issue of Blender. I'm not really much of a prude or anything, but the front cover this month was pretty extreme. I actually ripped the cover off, because such smut is strangely beneath me; but mostly because I certainly couldn't be seen reading it without people thinking that I regularly read dirty magazines. If anybody is curious, the cover is a very provocative shot of Nicole Scherzinger and it's at the bottom of my recycling bin.

8 comments:

J.R. said...

Jon do you actually have a copy of Manhunter SF? I love that game. I found a copy of Manbhunter NY but I can't find the SF. You know they end that game with the expectation of a third game and then nothing. harumph.

Also, SF is my favorite major US city by far. Too bad it's so freaking expensive to live in the area.

Monica said...

You tripped on the treadmill AGAIN?!!? Oh Jon, I'm sorry about that.

Saule Cogneur said...

I think they have a way to refill the ink cartridges. It makes a little more sense than melting them down I suppose.

It seems like there are a lot of worthy movies out right now. I'm anxious to hear what you think about Control. I may see that Michael Clayton one this weekend. I have a friend coming up from Provo. If you're bored, we should join forces.

Rhett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhett said...

You did WHAT to Blender!?!?! Man you are PW...

Maria said...

OK - before I saw Rhett's comment I was going to say:

"Honey! I'm so impressed that you ripped out the stripper on the cover of Blender."

But I'm not going to anymore.

I'm having fun - hope you have fun with your multimedia entertainment I know you love.

PS to Rhett: SO!!!???

Maria said...

P.S. to Jon - You look super handsome behind your ripped Mexpress shirt.

dre said...

this isn't andrea, but SOMEONE left themselves logged in on my computer, so i think i'll take this opportunity to be someone else.

j.r.- no, i don't have a copy. i'm sad to hear that you don't because if you don't then it probably doesn't exist. dang. i'll be looking for it.

mon- i recovered, but it looked way retarded. i had to say out loud "whoa! did anyone just see that?"

saule- just got back from control. lemme just tell ya, if you're feeling a little too happy, YOU MUST SEE CONTROL! i'll probably do a write-up of it.

rhett- yeah, man. it's a fine line between playful heterosexuality and absolute creep. check out the blender site to see the cover.

hon- thanks. i'm obviously getting a lot seen. no doubt you're having more fun just going up and down those crazy sf hills. i guess i look ok. i should really work with different angles.