Wednesday, November 28, 2007

biden in '08!

Lately, considering how incredibly ill-informed I am, I've been thinking about what presidential candidate to support. Perhaps because it's November and besides Thanksgiving, not much goes on in November besides the cold and elections.

Sidenote. Lately I've heard people complain that with the intense growing popularity of Halloween and the continual popularity of Christmas, that Thanksgiving gets commercially lost in it all. The seasonal aisle in Smith's never even turns Thanksgiving-themed at all anymore. I like that. It's not because I hate Thanksgiving, but because Thanksgiving is cool enough to become the biggest non-commercial holiday. It's sort of like how once upon a time Pearl Jam was the biggest band in the world, but then they somehow figured out a way to go back into the underground alternative music community with a minor, but loyal touring fan base (mostly sucking after their first big album may have helped most of all). Anyway, long live Thanksgiving. May it always be a cozy, intimate family affair.

Back on track. Lately I've said that it would be really wonderful if, instead of being vigilant in observing political platforms through speeches and debates, I could just plug in my own views on all the issues and some computer could tell me who to vote for.

My sister sent me exactly what I wanted yesterday. USA Today of all news sources (actually, as I'm typing this, perhaps it makes perfect sense), put this little questionnaire and presidential database together. It asks only 11 questions and then it tells you who to vote for.

To my horror, I discovered that I'm a supporter of Joe Biden.
I also discovered that despite the fact that I'm Mormon, I really don't relate much to Mitt Romney at all. Anyway, take the test. You can even weigh certain questions and issues harder than others. For example, the first question has something to do with whether or not the United States should have gone to war in Iraq. Perhaps you feel that such a question has nothing to do with what to do presidentially from this point all. Go ahead and zap the question out.Apparently, if I'm reading it right, most people in the country are relating to Mitt Romney after all. Maybe they'd all make good Mormons.

2 comments:

Maker said...

It took that test a few weeks ago.
I think I am supposed to vote for Huckabee.

P.S.- I have the Ender's Game series on audio cassette if you still need them.

Anonymous said...

This is Stephanie.....I took the quiz. Here are my results:

1. Mitt Romney
2. Sam Brownback (who's that??)
3. Rudy Giuliani

I guess I'm Republican through and through.